Objective: Over the course of the next five days you will write three (3) blog entries; one for each part of the book. Each post will be an 8-10 sentence response in the voice of one of the characters in The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. You may choose to write in the voice of the same character for all three sections of the text (Quests 1-3), or you can choose a new character for each post.
Evaluation: These will be evaluated as oral communication and reading comprehension pieces. See the rubric below for expectations.
Exemplar: This is what your first blog could look like:
Katniss has just taken my place in the Hunger Games. I couldn’t believe it. Without hesitation, she pushed me off stage and took my place. She is so brave. I hope I can be like her some day. She’s smart and strong. If it weren’t for Katniss, I wouldn’t have my goat. I’m so worried about her. I wonder what will happen. I hope she doesn’t get hurt. I can’t wait to go home and watch her on TV. I miss her so.
Can you guess whose voice this blog is written in?
What are the some of the clues in the text that helped you figure out the character?
The Hunger Games Character Blog Rubric
The Hunger Games Character Blog Rubric
CATEGORY
|
Level 1
|
Level 2
|
Level 3
|
Level 4
|
Thinking
|
Blog entry shows little evidence of preparation through.
|
Blog entry shows some evidence of preparation through reading.
|
Blog entry shows evidence of preparation through reading. Author speaks as one who has knowledge to share.
|
Blog entry shows evidence of thorough preparation through reading. Author speaks as one who has knowledge to share.
|
Knowledge and Understanding
|
Blog entries contain minimal information of the character in voice.
|
Blog entries contain some information of the character in voice.
|
Blog entries contain substantial information of the character in voice.
|
Blog entries contain extensive information of the character in voice.
|
Communication
|
Blog entry has frequent errors in standard written English that interfere with understanding.
|
Blog entry has some errors in standard written English that interfere with understanding.
|
Blog entry may have some errors in standard written English that rarely interfere with understanding.
|
Blog entry shows few, if any, errors in standard written English that do not interfere with understanding.
|
Requirements
|
Few written requirements were met.
|
Some written requirements were met.
|
Most written requirements were met on time with clear expression.
|
All written requirements outlined on the assignment sheet were met on time with clear expression. Answers were comprehensive.
|
Score: _________/ 16 _______________%

No comments:
Post a Comment